Being sick isn't usually my thing. Maybe once a year I come down with a cold or have one night of insane partying that knocks me out for a day, but honestly, that's it. I can't remember the last time I've used a "sick day" and here I am at home on my couch using my 2nd one in a row!
I went to the doctor yesterday to see what's up, just to make sure it wasn't something serious, and found that I have a temp of 103 and a mild case of strep throat. Well, having a temp doesn't stop me from doing my show but the throat issues sure do! When a big part of your job is spent TALKING...yup. That's a problem.
So...being sick and stuck on a couch for the most part resting, I've had some time to think. Here's some things that I've learned while being immobile.
1. My movie channels are a complete waste. Seriously, there's nothing ever on them. I don't have HBO or Cinemax but Showtime, Starz!, and Encore. Maybe that's my problem. As a matter of fact, I've been forced to watch "Zookeeper". :/ But seriously, maybe once a week a decent flick comes on and I catch it but really, I have no idea why I pay for these.
2. I love my iPad Mini. But why do I have it? I have not used it this entire time I've been home sick. That's 300 some odd bucks I should've put elsewhere. Like, towards a bed. Because I don't have a bed yet. (Moved to Detroit with NOTHING. No. Furniture. At. All.
3. Award shows had it right this year. Normally I'm a renter of movies. After the Oscars, I just said screw it and bought "Argo". Was fantastic. Glad I own it. Last night, I did the same with "Django Unchained" and WOW! What a great movie! Jamie Foxx is a stud. Can't wait to see him play Electro in the new Spider-Man movie they just started filming. Now I just need to go buy "Zero Dark Thirty" because I'm sure that is amazing too!
4. I want to go play golf right NOW! After this past weekend watching the Masters and one of my favorite players winning the green jacket in Adam Scott, I've got the bug! I haven't played since December. My attention span with things like this comes and goes. I played in high school, college, and competitively for quite a while. Truth be told, if you asked me what I would be doing back when I was 18, I would've told you something within the golf industry. Bet you never would've guessed that!
5. One leg out of the blanket fixes everything. Everything except my fever, cough, and sore throat that is. Speaking of the cough, the lack of advances in the flavoring of cough medicine is disheartening. It seems those with coughs will forever have to suffer the taste of cough syrups.
6.The entire time I've been compiling this post, I've had my heated blanket on wondering why my lower body was so hot. Really? This whole time I thought it was off. I suck.